Thursday 8 December 2011

LOOK AND BE CAREFUL!

Hi ladies and gentlemen!
I was looking for some photos in the Web for my new post and I have found this!

Probably in this photo the tittle would be "Soup of the day" instead of "Soub of the bay".

I think that one person like a waiter, a waitress, a barman or a barmaid could be careful when he or she writes the menus for a bar o for a restaurant.
But there are
more...I have seen a lot of mistakes in words that are very common. Look at them:


I think that a Pepsi bottle or a 7up bottle are called "Soft drink" not "Soft dinks" as the menu shows us.








What is tomotto fry? and kwaliflower? and omlett?
3 consecutive mistakes for 3 basic words...
The right words are:
tomato fried, cauliflower and omelet or omelette.





Do you want to taste Golden rosted drummet? I don't, because I don't know what it is.

Finally I think that "gralic" refers to "garlic".



What do you think about this? Simple words that have a lot of mistakes in a menu that is exposed in public.
By María José Gómez.

2 comments:

  1. A very curious entry xD I like these kinds of curiosities xD The same thing happens with Spanish language, you see too many mistakes in the same menu xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha funny post!! I have also talked about it in my blog Lunchester...you can read it there. It is amazing how many mistakes there are in restaurants menus, specially in countries such as India or Spain.

    ReplyDelete